Almond Pilaf

Recently, One of my friend was diagnosed with diabetics. When we were talking about what to eat and what not, she gave me some recipes which was suggested by her dietitian. One of them was Almond Pilaf which was of Low Carbs and it's very healthy for everyone not only the diabetic patients. This pilaf is very easy to make and I thought of posting this recipe in my blog.

This also gives me an opportunity to make my entry to JZ's Lets Go Nuts: Almonds - March 31st event started by Aquadaze of Served with Love

Ingredients

Almond Pilaf by SimplySpices

  • 1 1/2 cups Brown rice
  • 3 cups Water
  • 1/4 cup raw Almonds,raw and grounded
  • 1/4 tsp Garlic powder, to taste
  • 1 tsp Parsley,dried
  • 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, to taste

Method

  • In rice cooker, place all of the ingredients in a rice cooker.Cook until the water evaporates, about 30 minutes. or as per your cooking instructions in the package
  • Fluff cooked rice with a fork. This dish goes very well with grilled/baked fish or chicken.
  • Add a large green salad to complete the meal.

Note

  • If you are using microwave, place all ingredients in a large, covered, microwave-safe dish.Microwave on 80% power for 33 minutes.
  • For more interesting, you can also mix in cooked vegetables, toasted almonds,raisins or cashews to the pilaf.
  • I served with Dilled Salmon Cakes and stir fry vegetables.

    Link to this post



    Dilled Salmon Cakes : Simply Spices

11 comments:

Varsha Vipins said...

Thats a nice recipe Hema..But have heard that,we should take care not to have more than 6-8 almonds a day..Cholesterol I guess..:)

Simply Spices said...

Longtime before I read somewhere like, Almonds could help to lower bad cholesterol levels. I think so....! :)

Friends, if you have any info about Almonds, please feel free to clarify me and Varsha....

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

Nice recipe Hema. And abt all the almond discussion, I too have read that almonds help reduce bad cholesterol and is good for you. But it should be had in moderation like all other foods.

Saritha said...

My hubby had high bad cholesterol doc advised him to eat 2-3 almonds very day as it helps to reduce the bad cholesterol

Ashwini said...

Nice recipe Hema..Ya Almonds are good for health if taken in moderation.

Dhanya said...

Hey Hema, Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the lovely comment. You have a pretty cool blog. Luved the Almond Pilaf. Really interesting and new recipe to me. Will give it a try.

Sumathi said...

Nice one Hema.. Will try it once..

Anonymous said...

Something different and yummy! Looks good.

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Nice one hema ..will try out

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Nice one .. will try it out

Sindhura said...

Sounds yummy and almonds pilaf sounds unique and flavourful.
Drop in soemtime

Post a Comment